Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday already??

Where did Monday and Tuesday go? The last few days have been crazy and hectic. Monday was a blurr of driving, market (make that 2 markets- we always go to Trader Joe's for our 'dry ingrediants' and Fresh N Easy for our meats, chicken and everything else we can't get at Trader Joe's), juice it-up, crying (from Brooklynn), cleaning and finishing up orders.
Tuesday, both Brooklynn and I woke up at 6:20am. That is eeearrlyy!! On a regular day, you'll find us still in bed at 9:30 in the morning! It was our first day at MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers).

We drove all the way to Calvary Chapel Chino Hills (we live in R.C. so it was like a 30 min drive) and of course B fell asleep on the way.
I was driving with a knot in my stomach, I was so nervous! Some of you may know, I am not a shy person at all, but going into a place where I don't know anybody (besides one person), and going to a place where I am not familiar with, that allows room for some "nervous-ness".
I started praying and talking to God and asked for peace and courage and to allow my personality to shine and come through. Well, long story short, I met my table leader, Leah Heids and the other ladies and loved them all! It was such a great time of meeting other moms and having them meet me.
We ate breakfast (made by my table leader..mmm..), had a devotion on Hannah (we are going through the women of the bible), had a time of prayer, announcements, and craft.  It was so neat to be surrounded by other Christian moms who love God and their family.
I signed up for MOPS for a number of different reasons. I have been going to CCCV for 18 years, all my life practically (I'm 23)! I wanted to meet other moms who didn't know a clue about me. Don't get me wrong here, I love my church and everyone in it and I love the fact that I do know a lot of other people and they know me because I grew up in the church. I just wanted someone who didn't know I was a twin, or who knew my parents or who said, "I remember when you were this little" (and put their hand facing down in the air at waist length). I felt the LORD was telling me to get out of "comfort zone" and I know He wanted to stretch me and use me in ways where I needed it.
I had such an awesome time at MOPS and can't wait til next week! It's a little long for Brooklynn to be in the nursery but I said to her, "You better get used to this girl, you're gonna be here every Tuesday".
Earlier I had mentioned we did a craft, what can get better than making crafts right? What we made was very easy and very practical.  Nifty, isn't it?


After MOPS, a dear friend and her two kids (3 & 16 months) came over and between all of them and all of Brooklynn's toys, there was mess, destruction, chaos and some crying. But, it comes with the territory and I loved it!
Tuesday was all-in-all, a blessing and exhausting. I went to bed at 9pm. My bedtime is around midnight. So when I go to sleep at 9pm, you KNOW I'm exhausted.
So, now it's time to soak in Wednesday. I think I've done a pretty good job already, I made pizza rolls for Brooklynn and I, and they came out delicious. I used crescent rolls, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni (for myself), rolled them up and baked them. mmmm.. Then I started on dinner: Lime Chicken Tacos. Chicken, lime, green onions, garlic, salt, sugar, oregano, red wine vinegar, throw it all in the crockpot and it about 4 hours, shred it and put it in your flour tortilla. It's going to delicious!
Brooklynn is outside and is a COMPLETE MESS and full of dirt, gotta go!
God Bless and happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment