Thursday, December 29, 2011

Craft Night!

 I saw this darling "Count Your Blessings" board one day as I wasted time was browsing the internet, and I just HAD to do it!

Isn't that the cutest?
So first thing is first, I needed the wood. I waddled (you know, the way pregnant women walk) into my all-time favorite lumber wood store and proceeded to tell the gentleman what I needed.
I had written down the measurements for the size of the bead-board and the sizes for the hard-board.
Well because they can't just sell me small pieces of wood, I had to buy a WHOLE SHEET of each wood I needed.
I walked away with 16 pieces of bead-board and over 64 pieces of hard-board all cut to my desired size.
As my husband and I loaded all these pieces into my car, an older gentleman looked at me, thought to himself, "what in the world is this little pregnant lady doing with all this wood!" and asked me what I was doing with all this wood.
I answered and said, "I'm going to have a craft night!"
And that is exactly what I did!

I had two actually. I had a handful of ladies on one night and 10 ladies the next night.
I had a table displaying everything you would need for the craft. 
 A variety of scrapbook paper and paints!


My sweet husband is so supportive in so many ways and these craft nights were no different. He didn't ask why I wanted to have these craft nights, he didn't tell me no, "it's a waste of money and time". He simply listened to what I wanted to do, and helped me along the way. He went out and rented tables and chairs, moved the entire living room, went to the store and bought me stuff so I could make goodies and told me he was proud of me. If he doesn't deserve the "Best Husband Award", I don't know who does!
 The first group of ladies, hard at work. :)















I had 16 spots (that's all the wood that I was able to get from the sheet) and each spot was taken! The ladies had such a wonderful time and I did too!  I was glad to see the ladies crafting away in my home, I enjoyed the company and fellowship and most of all, all the "thank you's" that came by way for hosting the craft night. Hosting something is tiring but 2x more rewarding.
I think I just might do it again! Maybe something for Valentines Day...

1 comment: