Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 lines?? Yes! 2 lines!!

After 8 long, "trying" months and multiple negative pregnancy tests...
I saw this on a sunny and bright Friday morning. 
 It was my own little secret until Friday afternoon when I came back from VBS to tell Mike. 
I did whisper, "mommy is going to have a baby" in Brooklynn's ear when I kissed her goodbye in the morning, but I knew she could keep the secret. {smile}
I had to take another one on Saturday morning just to "confirm" it (quoted by my husband).

Baby number 2 is on it's way, nice and comfy in her/his home for the next 7 1/2 months!
Mike and I have been trying for a baby since December of last year. 
I had my "whole plan" figured out!
I'll get pregnant early January, the baby will be born in October (the same as Brooklynn's) the baby will be a girl, they'll be about 2 years apart, we'll throw birthday parties together, they'll be best friends... and so on and so on.
Well, obviously that didn't happen! The next month came and I said to myself ok, that's ok, they'll just be 25 months apart... I think that'll be good.
Failed again.
Then I started to get really down. Aunt Flow came every month and I started to queston God why?
I know there are many women who have been trying to conceive longer than me, but God, don't you remember {my} plan?? my future {I} wanted?? 
Well, that just about did it! I was convicted! Of course! That was why I wasn't getting pregnant! Because it was all apart of MY big 'ol plan! 
Did I ever ask if it was in God's plan and His will? nope.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8
I sunk to my knees and prayed let your will be done. 

And well, here I am today, wanting to shout to you that I AM PREGNANT!
What a blessing it is, to actually experience the grace of God, and experience an answered prayer. All because of a faithful and repentive heart. 
Because this was such great and exciting news, we had to act quick to surprise my mom and dad! I wanted to surprise them with a framed picture of Brooklynn showing she was going to be a big sister.
I sewed my little heart out as I made a skirt and a "big sis" shirt for Brooklynn.

I had my friend, Vikki, [check out her FB page HERE] take pictures of us and with Brooklynn showcasing her new outfit.
The came out great!




I liked them all so much, we framed 4 pictures for them! .
My parents couldn't have been more thrilled. It took my mom a couple seconds to register the "big sis" wording on Brooklynn's shirt, but it was all worth it when I was showered with hugs and the tears that filled our eyes. 
Thank you Jesus for this little blessing of joy. Good comes to those who wait on the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment